So my RE's office called this AM to see if I wanted to schedule CD 3 blood work for doing an IVF cycle starting next month. I informed the nurse that called that we were waiting to hear from our RE before deciding whether to do an IVF next month as he was going to look into whether we need to do blood work to map our genes for the PGD prior to IVF. Given this mapping can take 6-10 weeks the plan would be that we would wait to do an IVF once our genes were mapped. The nurse had no idea any of this was going on so said she'd call back once we found out what was going on.
In the meantime DH called our lab guy to find out if we could get an in-network lab to do our PGD. The lab guy told DH he was glad DH called as they were waiting to hear from us to see if we wanted to move forward before they did anything. What what what?! We were waiting for them to call us with an idea of whether we needed the genetic mapping since they have already ID'ed our CF variants.
All this mis-communication is clearly a bad sign...
In good news, the friend of my friend has agreed to talk with me about her IVF experience with my RE so hopefully I'll get to talk with her soon as I think that may seal the deal for us to look into CCRM.