Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, March 18, 2011

The medications have arrived

My medications arrived in the mail today. Here's what all I'll be taking over the next month:

Everything in a box will be administered via injection starting Sunday with Lupron.
So to illustrate, here's what's inside the Menopur boxes:
Well, not the needles. I put those there for effect :) But you get the idea. For each Menopur injection, we'll be mixing two of the vials together then DH or I will inject into my belly.

For those of you who've met Corky (one of my two cats), you can imagine she was very excited about this delivery -- it gave her a box to play in. 


My feelings were more mixed. Excited because it means we're really about to have our cycle start in earnest. And intimidated that all this is going to be injected into me. Which I wouldn't even mind so much (I've gone through this before when using stims for 3 of our IUI cycles -- those involved Menopur and the trigger shot but not the Lupron or Gonal). No I'm not scared of the shots. But in the past DH has administered them. This time, once I'm in Denver, I'll have to do it myself :( Way less excited about that.

But now it is time for a zen moment. I will focus on the here and now. I will focus on injecting myself when the time comes. In the meantime I will focus on how exciting this is that we're going to move to the next phase (Lupron shots) on Sunday. Which means we're getting that much closer to ER!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Very exciting - you're really getting started - I'm very excited for you and to hear how this all goes. And don't fret self-administering the injections - you'll do just fine! I had to get comfortable giving them to myself during my previous cycles as my old clinic is a few hours away. I was nervous at first, but after the first one, it was nothing! I actually ended up preferring it as I felt like I had more control - maybe that's just me though - I am a bit of a control freak (or so I've been told ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting Manny. Even though it's tough and stressful, this is by far my favorite part of the process. You finally feel you are doing something, and getting monitored and seeing the growing follicles is so much fun. I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That box is an awfully expensive cat toy, huh? :) Congrats on getting the meds! This is really happening!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

    Really tho, my 1st thought when I saw your med haul was "that's all? niice!". Sad... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries my friend. In fact, you may have help w/those injections once arriving in Denver. Will call you when details are solid, but it looks as though you will have company! ;0) Hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these posts. It's always crazy seeing how many drugs this process entails. Best of luck with your cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the support!

    AnnieP ~ I had the same reaction! I had way more meds in the box for my terminated IVF in November. So this month's meds, while intimidating, are definitely not as bad as they could be :)

    ReplyDelete