Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

29 eggs retrieved!!!

I'm so happy to report that we had 29 eggs retrieved! They didn't tell us how many of those are mature but they did say that they will do ICSI on the mature ones today and call us tomorrow to let us know how many of those fertilized. If any were immature today they will let them mature overnight and if any more are available for ICSI they will ICSI them tomorrow.

Sadly 29 is not the CCRM record for number of eggs retrieved. My nurse told me she remembers a young egg donor who had 73. So my 29 are not the record but we're still SO excited! :)

I'm under doctor's orders to rest today. Which is good news as I'm pretty sore. No complications with the procedure though. But plan to have a netflix marathon in the hotel room today. They fly back home tomorrow night.

4 comments:

  1. OMG, Manny! They really did retrieve 29! I'm so excited for you. That is a record in my book :-)

    OMG, 73 eggs retrieved, I cannot imagine how that girl was feeling before ER. That is insane.

    Rest up and enjoy. Tomorrow you get a big call! So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome news!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thats great, Alot to pick from and get the best transferred. take care and rest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! That's a great number. Relax today--you've earned it.

    ReplyDelete