Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

29 follies!

Found out this afternoon that I have 29 follies!!! While not all of these may have eggs or have mature eggs by ER this is definitely great news. The more follies I have the more eggs they can retrieve which means the greater the likelihood that we'll have some that fertilize, make it to blast stage, and are genetically normal.

It also explains why I'm so uncomfortable already given ER is tentatively scheduled for Monday or Tues this week. My poor little ovaries must be so swollen with all these follies -- 13 on one side and 16 on the other.  I'm having a more difficult time walking around today than yesterday -- more pain with every step. And I feel like I need to waddle now -- I guess to make room for all those follies.

We had a genetic consultation today. They explained that CCS will take ~ 2 weeks to get results. PGD will take ~ 1 week. They will call us with results as they come in. Then I'll go on meds (estrogen and progesterone) to prep my uterus for transfer. They estimate that if ER is Monday 4/11 that we'll have the CCS results by first week of May and FET mid June.

I have another u/s and bw appointment tomorrow morning and will continue to have them every morning until ER to continue to monitor my progress. Meds doses have changed based on my amazing response. I'll be taking 75 of Gonal F tonight and 1 vial of Menopur (lupron and dex stay the same).

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of follicles! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! 29 follies is W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!!!! You will have so many to play with, you will end up with a good number of normal ones I'M SURE. I'm so excited for you!

    Of course that is why you are feeling how you are feeling, they say the ovaries are usually the size of a walnut and they can grow up to the size of a grapefruit! Insane!

    So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap that's a lot of follies!! Awesome news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's happening today Manny? Can't wait to hear an update :-)

    ReplyDelete