Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, April 15, 2011

No fluid in my belly

Just got back from an ultrasound appointment -- luckily it looks like the excess fluid isn't leaking into my abdomen. So I'm guessing I probably have mild OHSS but not scary OHSS. And thank god nothing leaking into my cavities. Just the thought of it was giving me mad heebie-jeebies.

I'm still very uncomfortable. My weight in the morning is 5 lbs more than it was before the IVF and I'm pretty bloated. And during the course of the day, I gain an additional 5 lbs so that by bedtime I weigh 10 lbs more than I did before the IVF (and am uber bloated). This has been the case the past 2 days (i.e., I'm on day 3 of the post-ER bloat roller coaster).  From what I've heard from other ladies who've gone through IVF, this may last ~ 5 days. Which although annoying isn't terrible timing -- hopefully means I'll be feeling better by Monday so I can finally get back to work (although if it goes away sooner so I can enjoy my weekend and this gorgeous weather we're having, even better). In the meantime I'm taking today off too to relax, drink my Gatorade, and eat lots of protein and salty food. The ultrasound tech will send the results to CCRM today so I hope to find out before the weekend whether they can give me any meds to help manage this.

3 comments:

  1. That's good news Manni! You should recover quickly - the lack of fluid is a great sign (I had some fluid way up in my abdomen so it was really uncomfortable). Also, you're not getting a fresh transfer so that will help too! Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Manni! Looks like you have a mild case. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad there is no fluid in your belly! I hope you are able to have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete