Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

OHSS?

Well I may be paying for my fabulously high number of fertilized eggs with OHSS. I flew home last night. By the time we got in (around 1AM) I looked like I was 5-6 months pregnant with bloat. I weighed myself and weighed 10 lbs more than I did before the IVF! Today I'm bloated but luckily not that bloated and 5 lbs more than before IVF. I've emailed my CCRM nurse to find out what else (other than lots of salt and fluids which I've been doing) I can be doing and if I need medical treatment. I'm scared but trying to focus on what I can be doing rather than the what-ifs. DH is very scare (I think my huge belly last night really freaked him out) and off to the store stocking up on salty food and gatorade (recommended to help prevent OHSS). I'm taking today off work to stay home, hydrate, and relax so my body can hopefully heal. And in case my nurse says I need to go to the hospital. If I do, my understanding is that treatment will consist of monitoring me, giving me fluids, and worse case, draining the excess fluid.

I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Manni - I hope it doesn't get too bad. Rest up! I had a mild case of OHSS after my first retrieval - it was super uncomfortable and lasted several days, but did get better. My RE actually put me on medication to help control it. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it gets better quickly. Sounds like no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that your DH is taking care of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing a idea....Great post and informative
    ivf cost

    ReplyDelete