We got the RGI results in today. I'm still in a bit of shock. Of the 14 embies tested, 5 were affected (i.e., have both CF mutations). That's 36%. Not that I really thought it'd be exactly 25% but I think I was secretly hoping for it to come back less than 25% not more. In addition, 2/4 were uninterpretable due to monosomy 7 which I think means loss or partial loss of chromosome 7 (which can happen during cell division, esp for us older ladies). That leaves 7 embies. But one that was identified as a carrier has reduced accuracy due to allele drop out and shared markers between DH and me. This one is only to be transferred with our permission which sounds scary. Basically it means they're pretty sure it's a carrier but there's a small chance it's actually affected.
We are therefore left with 6 that RGI is comfortable transferring without reservation. Of those, 1 is a carrier (has my CF mutation) and 5 are normal (no CF mutations).
Six is great. But it's a little scary because now we await the results from the CCS. And hope that at least 1 of the embies identified as healthy as per CCS is one of these 6. We should get CCS results back any time in the next 3 weeks.
I feel a little less hopeful this cycle is going to work out (I let myself get my hopes up when we had 29 at ER). I try to remind myself that going into this I was of the mindset that the first IVF will be information gathering -- to find out if DH and I can even fert an egg (turns out we can fert 22 thank you very much), whether they can make it to blast (and 64% of ours did), and whether would be genetically healthy. So this is all part of that information gathering.