Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Back to the Gym

So when I'm being a really really good girl (and not recovering from OHSS) I go to the gym 4x per week (this rarely happens mind you. But it's what I shoot for) -- 2 spin classes and 2 body pump classes. Trying to get my body in shape so I can be strong and healthy for pregnancy.

I haven't gone to the gym since I left for Denver beginning of April. Until today. I went to body pump. It felt awesome. Hard and I was totally weak and I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow. But I did it. My right ovary was a bit sore on the drive home, but I'm starting to think the ovarian pains/soreness I've been having this week are from my poor little ovaries being overstretched and still healing from that. I'm very proud of myself for going today -- it's always really hard for me to get back to the gym after a hiatus. So the plan now is to slowly ease back to the gym so I can get back to being strong and healthy for pregnancy. 

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Manni! Take it slow though - those poor ovaries have been through the ringer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Manny!! It's always very hard for meto get back in the swing of exercise once I stop. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're motivated! I've been trying to get back into it as well. It's hard when you've been on a break.

    ReplyDelete