Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, May 16, 2011

It must be getting real again -- the meds have arrived

Here are most of the meds I'll be taking the next 1-2 months:

Not as bad as prepping for ER although sadly there will be some shots involved. And messy vaginal suppositories. Fun times.

Here's my tentative calendar (all dependant on when AF comes):
If AF comes 5/18:
5/20 I'll start BCPs (to shut my natural hormone action down)
5/27 I'll start Lupron shots (10 units daily)
5/31 last BCP
6/3ish AF arrives and I'll start estrogen replacement therapy (estrogen patches) on CD 3 of this cycle. I'll have a new patch every other day, starting with 1 patch and working my way up to 4 patches by 6/17. I'll also start aspirin every day and reduce lupron to 5 units per day.
6/11 blood test to check estradiol
6/21 u/s and bw to test estradiol

Calendar will then be revised based on results of u/s and bw but will look something like:
~ 6/23 continue estrogen patches and add endrometrin (progesterone suppositories 3x per day). Add tetracycline at bedtime then 4x per day and Medrol (16mg) once each evening for 4 nights. Stop lupron shots.
~ 6/28 Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET)

after FET:
continue estrogen patches and progesterone suppositories until pregnancy test. If BFP, I'll stay on hormone treatments until my doctor says stop. If BFN, I'll stop hormone therapy.

3 comments:

  1. Good news!! Geeting closer to ET.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! The day is coming! I found Endometrin really great actually. I did the other kind on aprevious IVF and hated it, this one was not bad at all!

    You basically have 6 weeks before you are PUPO! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I know this is TMI... but I see you've got some vivelle there. Those patches rock. Best.sex.ever. I'm sure it's the last thing anyone likes to think about after dealing with all the needles and meds and crap. I just thought I'd put that out there to consider. ;-)

    ReplyDelete