Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

Waiting for Aunt Flo: A Tragicomedy in Two Acts

I was in such pain this weekend I was starting to freak out that I had cysts rupturing or something. I was finally all set to swallow my midwestern pride and email CCRM to find out what might be causing my pain. Then this AM I woke up sore, but not in pain. Which was enough to clear my head apparently because it dawned on me -- I did some heavy-duty digging on Saturday morning around one of our oak trees. The ground there is very hard and each time I stuck the shovel in the ground I either hit a root or rock hard dirt. I am sure that must have put too much pressure on my little ovaries, causing the pain. And I've done some gardening throughout the past 2 weeks which woudl explain why I've been sore the past 2 weeks. Mystery solved. Whew! No more shoveling for me.

In other good news -- spotting today! Which I hope means AF is right around the corner.

Lately I've been feeling like I'm living a modern day, feminist remake of Beckett's existential play "Waiting for Godot" --  "Waiting for Aunt Flo: A Tragicomedy in Two Acts". In this case, Act 1 is waiting for AF and hoping she never comes as that means BFP (the first half of TTC and early stages of IF treatment). Act 2 is waiting for AF as AF signals the beginning of each new phase of IVF (which will hopefully result in BFP). Each act involves waiting waiting waiting all in the hopes of a BFP that never comes.

And in my head all day has been my remake of the Rawhide song:

Waitin’, waitin’, waitin’
Waitin’, waitin’, waitin’
Waitin’, waitin’, waitin’
Waitin’, waitin’, waitin’
Aunt Flo!

3 comments:

  1. So weird how we WANT AF to come, hey? Only us IF'ers would get that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! I will never get that song out of my head now! ;)

    ReplyDelete