Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, June 23, 2011

20 days until FET

Things are going well. I'm on day 3 of no caffeine and doing OK. I was down to just one cup a day anyway so I think cutting that last cup out was more a problem psychologically than it was any kind of physical addiction. Drinking hot herbal tea in the AM and mid-afternoon also helps. I just ordered a nice sampler of rooibos and other naturally decaf teas from adagio teas, a site recommended by a tea-drinking friend. I'm excited to try them.

ERT is also going well. I'm way less moody than I was on lupron alone (still doing lupron shots although they've gone down from 10 mgs to 5 mgs). The ERT seems to be clearing up my acne, too (my face broke out again when I started lupron). I continue to have bloating and some nausea but it's usually just at night so while not fun, not too interfering.

I found out that the 7/13 FET date is less firm than I thought. I have 2 appts between now and then that'll determine when the actual date will be. On Monday I'll have a blood test to check my estradoil levels to see if ERT is working. Later I'll have more bloodwork and an ultrasound to make sure my uterine lining is thickening as it should. The results of both of these tests will determine whether they need to change my protocol and/or calender. So we're glad we booked on Southwest so we can change our plane tix if necessary. I'm of course hoping there aren't any changes -- it'll be 3 months and 1 day from egg retrieval (4/12) to FET (7/13). I'm tired of waiting. I want to know if this is going to work already. So here's hoping ERT is doing it's thing just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment