Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lupron side effects

I waited a couple of days to write about this bc I wanted to see if it happened again. It hasn't. So last time I took lupron was before ER.I had no side effects (that i remember from that). But this time I have so I thought I'd share in case any of my fellow IF ladies experience them as well (or want to know what to expect). I had my first shot on Fri. On Saturday I was really irritable. I left the house to do some grocery shopping to clear my head. And it worked. I felt better. I love Whole Foods. But then out of nowhere I burst into tears at WF. Embarrassing. I wrapped up grocery shopping and drove home. During the drive it became more and more difficult to see--vision getting very blurry. I thought it might have to do with the crying to didn't think much of it. But when I got home I was not at all crying but still having a hard time seeing. It lasted for ~ 45 minutes. Then it cleared up and I could see just fine. I consulted with Dr. Google and found that blurred vision a side effect of Lupron. Wacky.

Luckily no major side effects Sunday or yesterday. Shots are going fine. DH is administering them and doing a great job.

3 comments:

  1. Glad things seem to have settled down. I didn't notice any obvious side affects from the Lupron that I can remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never experienced the blurred vision but all the other menopausal type of side effects killed me. I used Lupron for my first IVF, it took a long time for me to get suppressed and my lupron shots got extended over and over, I was going nuts in the meantime. Lupron was very tough on me, that was one of the reasons why I wanted to do a natural FET this time, to avoid the Lupron. Hang in there. If I had to do another FET I would take the lupron just so I know everything is under control. I am glad to hear it's gotten better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's scary! My vision went wonky on Clomid, so I had to stop taking it. Seems like it is not such a big deal for the Lupron to affect vision or your doctor would have let you know. I hope that you continue to stay side-effect free. God, I am not looking forward to Lupron.

    ReplyDelete