Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Started ERT today

I have officially started estrogen replacement therapy (ERT). Exciting as it is feeling even more real that FET is just around the corner!

I've been scouring the internet trying to find recommendations regarding lifestyle changes to make in prep for FET. I can find very little, which isn't surprising as there's probably very little research on this issue. I emailed my nurse and here are her recommendations:

"For the frozen embryo transfer most of the same rules that you followed for ivf still apply. The only thing we are less worried about is exercise. We are not growing your follicles to capacity so we are not concerned about ovarian torsion. You should still stay away from caffeine products, use protection during sexual intercourse, and avoid taking any medication that we have not specifically put you on."

So the good news is I can still do spin and body pump which I really enjoy. The bad news is I have to give up my last caffeinated beverage. I'd been drinking 1 cup of black tea per day as Zita West recommends that 1/2 a cup has been linked to IVF success. And I really enjoyed my morning Early Grey. I guess I'll just have switch to a morning cup of peppermint or some other naturally decaf tea.

I'll be sure to let you know if ERT turns me into a crazy person. Or if/when my skin get irritated from the patches. Or if I have no side effects. Which would rock.

2 comments:

  1. No caffeine sucks! The first thing I had after my ER was a HUGE latte! I'm going off of it again, but it was nice to be back on coffee for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been told nothing about caffeine..Hmm wonder if I'll get that discussion at my first appointment. I also had not heard about the black tea/ivf correlation. Will be looking into that as well. Hope that patches treat you well. Looking forward to sharing your journey.

    ReplyDelete