Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Uhg -- more bloat

Looks like I spoke too soon about BCPs curing my bloat. I'm so big today I seriously look like I'm in my 2nd trimester. I can't fit into my clothes -- even my elastic waistband clothes are tight. And 2 new zits so BCPs didn't cure that either. A temp reprieve I guess. Can this still be OHSS? I read that it can last up to 3 months but it just seems silly that I still have OHSS. But bloat has never been an issue for me (in fact, I don't think I've ever been bloated before I started this IVF cycle) so it's hard to  not think it must be related to retrieval and/or all the hormones I was on in April.

I've looked online for tips to beat bloat. I drink lots of water and eat a low sodium diet. And I only drink one caffeinated beverage (Earl Grey Tea) per day. I don't eat much dairy these days  other than cheese (ever since April meds, the smell of yogurt makes me want to hurl which makes me sad) and no broccoli or cabbage in my diet these days as DH hates broc. I walk the dog 2-3 times per day (10-15 mins per walk) so am a bit active. Any other suggestions???

1 comment:

  1. I hope they find out what's going on with you soon. All I can tell you is that after both of my ERs, I experienced terrible bloating - it would normally start mid-cycle and last until my period. I, too, assumed it was related to my IVF procedures but no one ever confirmed that. They did an ultrasound to make sure it wasn't a cyst causing the discomfort and bloating but it wasn't. I never did get an answer but it seemed to get a little better over time. In terms of what to do to help with the bloating, I would stay away from all things gas causing (high fibre, carbonated beverages and dairy). Also, have you tried acupuncture - it seemed to help me a bit with the bloating. Hope you get feeling better soon! Bloating SUCKS!

    ReplyDelete