Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, July 25, 2011

the official call from Dr. Surrey

I got the official "you're pregnant" call from Dr. S today :) He said everything looks good. I asked him some questions of the questions DH and I came up with -- things we haven't asked yet because we didn't think we'd get to this point.

1. Miscarriage risk rate -- According to Dr. S, it's 5-6% because we did the CCS. 5-6%! Can you freaking believe it!?! This made me shed tears of joy. I thought it'd be much higher.

2. Gender -- DH and I aren't ready to find out little bean's gender yet but I asked whether that's something CCRM would tell us when we get to the point we are ready to learn it. He said that ID'ing the sex is actually the least accurate part of what they do so they don't give it.

3. When do we transfer care to local OB/GYN -- at around 8 weeks (I'm at 4 weeks 3 days today). In the meantime I'll do weekly-ish blood tests to monitor hormone levels. I'll have ultrasounds at 6 and 8 weeks. If all looks good at 6 weeks they'll start to wean me off the hormone supplements. If all continues to look good at 8 weeks, they'll pass me off to OB/GYN for care. It's crazy to think that in 4 weeks I could potentially be a normally pregnant woman and not an infertile. Awesome. But crazy.

4. Tips for success -- the usual: Don't eat raw meat. Don't exercise any more than walking until the 8 week u/s then I can increase it. DHA is OK after all (my nurse said to stop it). Watch my mercury intake down here in fish country.

3 comments:

  1. That is the dream call Manni! So happy for you! It brought tears to my eyes. Enjoy every second of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! I'm so glad things are going well for you!!! It must seem surreal, but you have worked very hard for this pregnancy, so enjoy. By the way, I am definitely going the FET route, so your blog will help me out with seeing how that goes. And hopefully I will end up with the same result!

    ReplyDelete