Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Still Pregnant

Here's one of the most beautiful things I've seen all year. My BFP from an HPT:



Good news all around today. The biggest of course being that I'm still pregnant. My beta more than doubled from 85 on Friday to 209.7 today. At this stage we want to see it at least double so we are right on target.

How, you may ask, did I get my beta checked on a Sunday? In Louisiana? The answer is simple -- at a hospital. Who knew?!? Not me. But after LapCorp's shenanigans on Friday I have broken up with them and decided to take my business elsewhere. This is after breaking up with my local RE and didn't want to have to try to go back there. So I looked up labs on my insurance company's website and poof -- hospitals. I called and they said yes they can do it, yes they can do it STAT, and yes they can do it on weekends. I felt like a kid at Christmas. No one else (local RE, labcorp, Quest) will see me on weekends. So this was super awesome.

And the experience there was pleasant (well as pleasant as getting stick in the arm with a needle first thing on a rainy Sunday morning can be). I checked in at the ER and just told them I had orders from my doctor for an outpatient blood draw. We were in and out in no time. I highly recommend this as an option for anyone else frustrated with their local RE and unable to use LapCorp/Quest on weekends.
 I think I'll also look into whether they can do my ultrasounds. Because hopefully they too have flexible hours. And maybe they will have lube for the dildo cam.

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I am glad you found a good alternative to Labcorp. I am so thrilled for your positive HPT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! I live in a tiny mountain town in Colorado..the local hospital is 30 miles away and is my only choice for blood draws. Haven't had any problems yet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome news I am going to check into that today!

    ReplyDelete