Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Thank you acupuncture. Thank you.

By mid-afternoon yesterday I couldn't take the nausea any more. Nothing was helping (e.g., saltines, ginger ale, mint tea). So I scheduled an appointment with an acupuncturist that a friend of mine here in town saw before she got pregnant via IUI. He was great! I used to get acupuncture when I lived in NYC but that's been almost 10 years ago now (wow time flies). So that combined with all the shots I've had over the past 1.5 years made me very comfortable with asking someone to stick a bunch of needles into me to try to solve my nausea problem.

And it definitely helped. I felt much less nausea after my appointment. And it was definitely relaxing so if nothing else it was worth the $$ to decrease the stress.

Unfortunately I then went to Whole Foods to pick up some of Allegro's Happy Tummy tea and got nauseous from all that walking around. So spent the rest of the night on the couch trying to not move. The acupuncturist put a couple of those sticky magnet thingies on my wrists to help with the nausea. And I don't know if it's those or that my body's getting a tolerance for the estrogen, but I feel way less nauseous today. I'm not 100% but I can walk around without feeling like I'm going to hurl.

My insurance doesn't cover acu for infertility (despite the fact that there's actually data supporting acu for infertility treatment) so it was OOP. I plan to see him one more time next week then get acu at CCRM right before and right after the transfer. I figure it can't hurt and that way I feel like I'm doing all I can to try to increase our likelihood of success.

I have a Canada Day party at a (Canadian) friend's house today so fingers crossed I can get through it sans nausea.

4 comments:

  1. Manni - I hope you feel better - I wish I had an acupuncturist in my town. The closest one is 1 1/2 hours away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, that nausea sucks. Maybe just a primer for morning sickness? :)
    Are you going to do acu w/ the FET? Does CCRM still offer that? I did it after the FET and can't comment either way on it, but OMG... having to lie there for what seemed like forever, holding still w/ needles in me and having to pee like a MoFo (full bladder for the FET). NOT relaxing. NOT one bit!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acupuncture is an alternative way of treating patients by insertion and manipulation of needles in the body. One of the most common uses of acupuncture is pain relief

    ReplyDelete