Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, November 7, 2011

It's a Girl!

It's a girl!!! And according to the ultrasound tech, the anatomy scan looks good. We got to see her head, spine, ribs, hands and feet, arms and legs, brain, bladder, heart beating (and heart chambers), her lady parts, and probably others that I'm forgetting in all the excitement. Her size and heart rate are right on target for her age. Below is a picture from this morning's ultra sound.






The annoying part of the visit was that we then had to wait over an hour to see the OB. I'm not even sure what the appt was supposed to be for, but she never showed. After waiting an hour, I asked whether we could at least get bloodwork done in the meantime. They looked at me like I was a crazy person. But DH was there and we want to use as little of his personal days as possible so we can save them for when the baby comes. Not waste them sitting in the OB's waiting room. So I pressed the issue and they let me get the blood drawn. But they were very rude. They didn't seem to understand that I was asking why patients aren't notified when the OB has to go deliver a baby (that's where she was) so we can choose to reschedule if our schedules don't permit us to sit for hours in the waiting room. They somehow interpreted this question as me being belligerent or something. So we never got to these the OB. Hope the appt wasn't important. Seems to me the important thing was to do the scan and get the bloodwork done. But wow the experience made me realize (yet again) how most MD's suck and have no respect for their patients. And how wonderful CCRM is in that they treat their patients like people not like $$.


So DH and I are trying to not let the bad experience with the stupid OB affect how happy we are that we're having a little girl and that she's healthy!!!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You must be so excited! Glad the scan went so well. You are halfway there! I am sorry you had to waste so much time at the doctor's office. It's just ridiculous that they hold you hostage there for so long. Our first ob appt lasted almost 4 hours! There is no other profession that would treat its customers so poorly! At least you had such a positive ultrasound :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome news, thanks for sharing. I am so happy she is heathly! Your OB office sounds like mine. I really need to make the switch to someone better. I hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's great news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Manny!!!!!! So exciting! You are going to have so much fun dressing her up, I'm so jealous!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let the shopping for hair bows, frilly dresses and shiny Mary Janes begin! CONGRATULATIONS!

    ReplyDelete