Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Being sick while pregnant is the pits

After coughing so hard Friday night that I pulled a muscle in my back/popped a rib, I caved and went to the after hours clinic. I've had a dry, unproductive cough since last Sunday that's just been tearing up my throat and making it tough to sleep. Turns out I have a mild sinus infection but bc my belly's pushing on my lungs I'm not coughing up the ick and the doc thinks I'm at risk for pneumonia. So I'm under doctor's orders to stay in bed until I stop coughing. Today is day 2 of bed rest. It still REALLY hurts to cough (bc of the pulled muscle in my back or popped rib--whatever I did back there). I'm feeling much better (he gave me an antibiotic which I think has stopped the post nasal drip that was contributing to the dry cough). I plan to call my chiro tomorrow morning to see if she can fix my back.  I'm bored and tired of being sick. And a bit disappointed that I haven't been able to put up holiday decorations yet this year. But I understand that I need to do this for the baby so I'm sucking it up. 


Thus endeth today's whine session...

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better very, very soon, and are able to enjoy the rest of the holiday season. I had bronchitis in the first trimester, so I understand how much it sucks. Glad you went to the doc and he's got you on something that is helping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds just terrible I can't imagine feeling like that and being pregnant. I hope the medication helps and you are back to yourself again. It's ok to whine. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete