Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

33.5 week ultrasound

We had our first u/s since the 20 week scan/gender u/s. The baby is looking good. The one glitch -- she's big. She weighed in at 6lbs 6 0z (normal at this point is ~ 4.5 lbs). She's measuring long in the limbs so it's not that she's fat (I was worried I've been eating too much King Cake!) but that she's probably going to be big. So we'll continue to monitor her measurements and decide what to do as we get more info. I was 9.5 lbs and my brothers were ~ 11.5 lbs when born, so I was prepared to hear I was having a big baby. I'm just so happy she' healthy. And she's head down, which is also good news at this point. Here's her u/s pic from this AM:

5 comments:

  1. Yowsers - that might be a big baby Manni, especially since you and your brothers were! Glad she's doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pic of your little girl Manni! It's good she is long and not overweight. It's looks all more real now, you'll soon have her in your arms :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Yay for 33.5 weeks! Can't believe she is that big now and no Gestational DM. I have a friend who delivered an 11lb15oz baby girl a few weeks ago! Big babies are en vogue!
    Glad to see you and baby girl are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things are going well. I wish there were more ultrasounds during this process. Yay for big babies, I think I will be in the same boat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My guy is the exact opposite! I had a 32w3d u/s last week to check on growth and placenta, and he was only 3lb14oz. Looks like we are filling out opposite ends of the percentile chart. :) Glad your baby girl is head down and healthy, and I hope the next few weeks treat you both very well!

    ReplyDelete