Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, March 2, 2012

36 week check in

The baby continues to do well (e.g., heart rate, movement all good)! As do I (e.g., fluid levels look good).

During this u/s, the tech pointed out the baby's hair. That's right. Hair. Who knew my baby'd already have hair. According to the u/s tech, it looks like she has a full head of blonde or white hair. Must get the hairiness from her daddy. Or her Godfather (the older of my two younger brothers).

And she continues to grow--her weight is now estimated to be ~ 7.5 lbs (up from ~ 6.5 lbs 2 weeks ago). Her head is correct size for 36 weeks but her torso and limbs are big. Big babies run in my and DH's families so this baby has no choice but to be huge. But it means that we may be looking at induction and/or c-section if she continues to grow at this rate. Even the midwife I met with yesterday thought we might have to induce.

So, our plan is to be flexible -- try not to get our heart set on any one birth method and go with whatever is recommended to be the safest for me and the baby. Try to remember that although we'd love a good birth experience, the most important thing is to get the baby out safely.  So we'll continue to monitor. I have weekly u/s's at this point and will start weekly appts with the midwife next week. This monitoring is typical for an over 35 pregnancy. And it will give us a good sense of whether medical intervention may be necessary.

4 comments:

  1. 36 weeks? How did that go so quickly?! You are right around the corner!

    There is nothing in the world that is more luxurious to touch than freshly-washed baby hair. It's silky-soft!

    Even at three months, I can tell my daughter loves having her hair brushed and I love putting little clip-in bows in her hair.

    After her bath, her hair is curly and stands on-end like a punk rocker. I even came home one day to find my nanny had given her a bath and styled her hair into a mohawk. Ha! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - a full head of hair already! I wonder if she is ready for her eviction notice? Can they do a test to check on the maturity of her lungs? That's great that she is a good size. I hope that all continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost there Manni!! I hope she slows down her growth spurt a bit or she might be one big baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thirty six months? How did which are so speedily?! You are closer than you think!There is nothing in the world that is certainly far more high-class to feel than freshly-washed infant locks. It is silky-soft! cheapest runescape goldBillig WOW Gold

    ReplyDelete