Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

38 week update

We're now at ~ 38.5 weeks. And baby and I are both doing really well. And she continues to grow. And grow. And grow. She's now at 9 lbs. With no sign of being born any time soon. Given my "advanced maternal age', the midwife said they won't let me go past 40 weeks. It's up to us if we choose to induce/section earlier than that. My body wasn't ready to induce today (e.g., no dilation). So we're going to continue to keep an eye on how she's doing. Potentially wait until I go into labor then section. Or induce if my body's up for that next week's appt. After 2 years of IF treatment, I'm not opposed to medical intervention despite planning on a natural birth originally. DH and my biggest concern is that we have a healthy baby. And given her size, she's now starting to increase her chances of birth-related complications. So we'd rather induce and have her while she's "smaller" or section. We've come too far to risk injury just to be able to say we had a vaginal birth. So we'll continue to monitor her and make our decisions as we continue to gain more info on how she's doing.

Here's the latest u/s pic -- the little yogi has her foot up under her chin:


  1. Glad you're both doing great! Anxious to hear if you'll be induced next week. Hang in there Manni - she's almost here!

  2. Thanks for the update! I know you are getting excited about the upcoming birthday! It will interesting to see what happens:) I agree with you that a healthy baby is the main thing!

  3. You are so close now Manni, so exciting! How are you feeling? How is your energy level?

  4. How exciting! I pray for a safe and easy birth and a very healthy baby!

  5. I totally agree about the whole birthing situation at first I wanted it my way now I just want it the best way. So close for you to meet your little girl!