Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, March 23, 2012

Hospital run (all is OK)

DH and I made a run to the hospital today. I woke up with a lot of spotting including some clots and cramping. I've had spotting ever since my appt Tuesday. During that appt, the midwife tore open a piece of connective tissue that she found in/around my cervical opening that she said could be holding my cervix closed. She warned me there'd be some spotting as a result and there was but it got better. Until this morning. This morning there was a scary lot of spotting. Plus the scary clots. We called the office and they suggested we got to Labor and Delivery just in case.

Turned out it was fine. The cramping is probably Braxton Hicks. Which is good to know. I was wondering why I wasn't having any BH contractions yet. Turns out I probably am but they feel more like cramping to me than what I imagine contractions must be like (starting at the top, etc). The cramping is probably pushing the rest of the old blood from this connective tissue tearing out. They did a non-stress test (monitored baby's heartbeat and movement while I was seated) and baby still looks great.

The silver lining in this stressor is that well of course the baby and I are fine. But also that this was a dry run for DH and I. We got everything packed up just in case they kept me in the hospital. So now we've done that and will be ready for when it really is time to go to Labor and Delivery (hopefully next week).

And since it's been a while, here's a belly bump pic we took last night (39 weeks):

8 comments:

  1. Glad everything's OK. That belly looks like it is ready to pop Manni!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - love the belly shot! Any minute now! Can't wait to hear about the birth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I can't believe you are almost ready to hold her. Love the belly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did 39 weeks fly by so quickly? (at least for me...maybe not for you)

    Glad all's ok. Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! You are so close, can't believe how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Manni - just dropping by to say hello - I hope by now that you have had your baby girl! I think you are probably recovering, trying to figure out breastfeeding and falling in love. Can't wait for an update!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad everything's Alright. In which abdomen appears like it really is able to put Manni!
    Gold für World of Warcraft
    cheapest rs gold

    ReplyDelete