Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, October 24, 2013

BFN

Got the result from the pregnancy test (blood test) today.  BFN! I'm sad but not surprised given everything that went wrong leading up to this cycle plus my being sick as shit (seriously. Vomiting, diarrhea, it was not pretty) all week (today is my first day back to work since Monday morning). Of course I'm pissed that I'm going to have to go through infertility treatment and another transfer again. And sad about the now very real possibility that we won't have another kid. The pluses are that we have another embryo that we can try and that we have one super amazing kid who will be a kick ass only child if that's the way this all turns out.

We will talk with Dr. S soon (it was a nurse who gave me the news) and then weigh our options in terms of timing for the next try (e.g., wait until after the holidays, do it over the holidays so DH doesn't have to take time off work again, etc) and I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no Manni! I am so bummed for you. I am sorry you were so sick too. Ugh! Your chances are still very good for your next FET round whenever y'all decide to go for it. At least you don't have to do communicables and you are so familiar with the drill. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH no! I am so sorry. I think about Logan being an only child all the time. Not that that is a bad thing, it just when they are so amazing you would just like to have another one. Hang in there and YES keep us posted. Please post what Dr. S says.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry. Hopefully your next try will be as lucky as your first!

    ReplyDelete