Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Prep for FET #2

By request, I thought I'd post some info here about prepping for FET #2.
I was able to breastfeed (BF) and wanted to BF the entire first year. I also wanted to do FET #2 summer 2013 so that #2 (if it works) would be due in April or May so I could have the entire summer with him/her. However, the body has to detox BF hormones before the FET ODWU at CCRM. I forget the details but I think I needed to have 1 or 2 non-BF cycles prior to my May FET. So I BF'ed until beginning of March. My cycles were pretty regular by then as DD had been sleeping through the night since she was 6 weeks (thanks to Babywise) and she had started self-weaning and was only BF'ing 1-2 times per day by month 12 of BF.

As for the FET ODWU -- Here's what my appointment included:
1. regroup with Dr. S
2. hysteroscopy
3. ultrasound (cycle day 5-13 just like original ODWU -- so no caffeine prior to ODWU)--this was mainly to check my uterine blood flow and to make sure no cysts etc, although they did a follie count (which I thought weird since I wasn't doing a complete IVF but good to know I've still got some just in case)
4. blood work (commicables, Vit D, Progesterone, TSH, I'm sure there were others but I can't remember)
5. Meeting with someone from the Lab to review paperwork re: my embies
6. Meeting with Nurse to review testing, calendar, and consents.

At home I had to get an annual exam/Pap (one has to be done within 12 months of FET so I had to get one even though I'm on an every other year PAP cycle these days). I didn't have to get another mammogram, though.

My DH didn't come with me since he didn't have to give a sample or anything (bc we weren't creating new embies). He did, however, have to get bloodwork done locally and ship it up to Co -- to test communicables.

It was/felt like a shorter appt than the original ODWU.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know, we had our regroup with Dr. G in May and he didn't mention coming back to CO for the ODWU?! I am fine to do it but had no idea, they said I could do everything here and have my results sent over. I will be calling this week to schedule that soon. We plan on doing and FET in either late Feb or early March. Hope all goes positively well!!!!! Good to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete