Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Reactions to pregnancy

So I have a wicked rash all over my body. At first I thought it was heat rash (I read this can happen durign pregnancy as body temp rises due to p4 and increased blood) but it's spreading not getting better. So I went to the dermatologist yesterday and nope, not heat rash. Not yeast or fungal infection. The derm thinks it's probably a reaction to being pregnant! Some people's skin breaks out in response to preg hormones and some reactions are more common in 2+ pregnancies.

The derm prescribed me a topical steroid cream to help with the itching. Unfortunately, she prescribed me a medication that CCRM advises against because it's a category C medication (no research showing it's safe in preg humans). So I'm still super itchy with no way to manage it :( CCRM and my derm both said I could take Benadryl (a class B medication), but I don't feel comfortable taking any OTC meds this early in my pregnancy. Going to pick up some calamine lotion today to see if that helps. I'm also going to switch my soap to something very mild and see if that helps too (I've read that some women become sensitive to their soaps,lotions, etc when preg and my soap is the only thing that I put in all the areas I have a rash). FX I find a solution! I gotta say I'm disappointed that my derm didn't.

But I also remind myself that I'm having this problem because I'm PREGNANT! So if this is another price I have to pay, so be it.

Speaking of which--here are the results from this week's b/w:
HCG=8,710 (they don't monitor it anymore but I threw this test in because I wanted the reassurance the level was still rising)
E2=1,943
P4=31.16

Nurse says these all look good. I still have moments in which I can't believe it's actually working. After the two failed transfers and the rocky start to this one with the low initial beta. But it's looking good so far!

U/s Thursday morning to (hopefully) see the heartbeat. FX!

No comments:

Post a Comment