Countdown to meeting Obi!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Birth

Monday, obi decided that was enough bed rest. I went into labor at 2pm and I was having contractions every 3 min and dilated to 5 cm by 4pm. She was transverse so has to have another csection. Obi was born at 5:59pm. 7#7oz and 20" long. 

Due to complications (my uterus clamped down around obi making it tough to get her so ob had to make "anchor" incision on uterus), I shouldn't get preg again and if I do, it'll be a very high risk birth in which they would need to avoid labor bc my uterus won't be able to handle it. Luckily we were pretty sure we were done. And that dx makes it official. 

Otherwise obi and I doing ok. She's been in nicu due to low O2 then low glucose. By day 2, O2 ok and they are weaning her off glucose. However she developed jaundice. She was transferred to another hospital with larger nicu for treatment. The new nicu had couch/bed so I can stay with her and continue bf. bf going really well!

Day 3: she has weaned off glucose altogether as of this am. She continues to be treated for jaundice with phototherapy.

Day 4: weaned off iv and phototherapy. Released!! Home!!!


3 comments:

  1. congratulations on your new baby! sorry you had some complications getting her here - hopefully y'all are resting well at home now. We decided we were done with 2 - it is a perfect, manageable family size for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow major scary stuff happening, glad everyone is doing better! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete